What do you want from POS?

Read about "my side of the steak". A blog about my attempt to develop pos software for restaurants. Am I capable as a total restaurant noob to write a point of sale application? What does it take to pass 'the Beta phase'?

Thursday, May 04, 2006

There's a new update available!



I always wanted to implement a 'nifty little update feature', thanks to a guy named Igor Krupitsky I got one, I used his code:
http://pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=3640&lngWId=10
but changed the registry part since that requires my users to have administrator rights so I'm using an xml file to read some settings.
The update app uses an HttpWebRequest / port 80 to fetch the encrypted and password protected zip file which holds all the changed application files (e.g. executable, database file).
The xml file holds all 'variable' information so I can use this tool for all of my apps (except for the pocketpc applications..)
I guess I'll let the DigiWaiter periodically check for updates (or one can initiate it manually) this way I can 'roll out' new updates more easily..



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home